What i can Afford
BOUWSTATUS
Completed
COMMENTAREN
Always

GraemeB

Registered
Hi Gents

Here is the SU -7 that I started a week before the site went on Vacation. It was supposed be be a quick build to get the mojo back but took a bit longer than i wanted.

About the Kit :
The cockpit is a disaster , almost no detail. the aftermarket parts are 3 times the price of the kit , so no that was not going to happen
Also needed to cut 1 - 2 mm from the base of the ejection seat to lover it or the canopy does not fit.
Fuselage halves were different thicknesses so trimming of the engine Supports is required to get all to line up
Once trimmed fit was perfect.basically no putty needed
Air brakes were way to thick so they were glued in the closed position and sanded level with the fuselage.
Decals are not good at all, very old and thick , needed decal adhesive as well to get them to go down properly also had one or 2 break up on me.
I did end up Scratch building the Wheel bay doors as the kit ones would have been a foot thick if scaled up didnt look right and would have detracted from the build.
Antenna were made from .05mm wire
Detail was good and took a wash nicely
Paint used was Vallejo and AK with MR Hobby mat clear.
Will I build it again, Probably yes.

Here the pics,
Please enjoy

WhatsApp Image 2024-10-09 at 19.57.43.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-10-09 at 19.57.44 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-10-09 at 19.57.44.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-10-09 at 19.57.45 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-10-09 at 19.57.45.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-10-09 at 19.57.46.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-10-09 at 19.57.47.jpeg

Thanks for looking guys
AS usual comments are always welcome
G

Regarding the downfall points of this kit, it came out very nice.
Unusual camo and markings for an Egyptian aircraft not often seen.
I have seen this one grow and know you spend a lot of time (and frustration) on it, so congratz on finishing this kit.

Nice one... lovely colors, and something you don't see very often. Beautiful paint and that azure blue underside ... very bright

Laatst bewerkt:
It's looking awesome with this camo. It looks like it needed some sanding on the spine to make the halves fit? Nice to see your work here Graeme.

Thank you for the comments guys , appreciated .

@StevenVD yes there was a slight step , that I needed to remove but I made a mistake by adding the 2 ribs , left and right of the seam befor the seam was done , this made working on the seam very difficult , a lesson for next time ,

Nice looking bird, I remember these from the two or three hours I spent at a "stranded" commercial plane on an Egyptian airport many years ago, these birds were sitting there as well.

Hi Gents

Here is the SU -7 that I started a week before the site went on Vacation. It was supposed be be a quick build to get the mojo back but took a bit longer than i wanted.

About the Kit :
The cockpit is a disaster , almost no detail. the aftermarket parts are 3 times the price of the kit , so no that was not going to happen
Also needed to cut 1 - 2 mm from the base of the ejection seat to lover it or the canopy does not fit.
Fuselage halves were different thicknesses so trimming of the engine Supports is required to get all to line up
Once trimmed fit was perfect.basically no putty needed
Air brakes were way to thick so they were glued in the closed position and sanded level with the fuselage.
Decals are not good at all, very old and thick , needed decal adhesive as well to get them to go down properly also had one or 2 break up on me.
I did end up Scratch building the Wheel bay doors as the kit ones would have been a foot thick if scaled up didnt look right and would have detracted from the build.
Antenna were made from .05mm wire
Detail was good and took a wash nicely
Paint used was Vallejo and AK with MR Hobby mat clear.
Will I build it again, Probably yes.

Here the pics,
Please enjoy

Bekijk bijlage 440129Bekijk bijlage 440130Bekijk bijlage 440131Bekijk bijlage 440132Bekijk bijlage 440133Bekijk bijlage 440134Bekijk bijlage 440135

Thanks for looking guys
AS usual comments are always welcome
G
I find the panel lines very well represented . Quite a lot of work I support. Willy.

Terug
Bovenaan